IF WE WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD, WE HAVE TO CHANGE THE WAY WE ARE BEING BORN - M. ODENT
Birth is unique, powerful, transitional. It provides the woman and the couple a passage into motherhood. It rebirths her as a woman, and offers a foundation and source of strength and empowerment for the rest of her life. In this course we rediscover birth by diving into the physical, emotional and spiritual realms of pregnancy, birth and creation. Join us and explore how we can empower women throughout this process, and how we can connect again to our roots and source.
This 10 day workshop offers a smaller, more intimate version of the Discovering Birth Retreat that we host yearly at the Lake (in 2020 at the Eco Bambu Guest House in Tzununa). I
During the workshop, we create an intimate circle of women and men that are curious about the birth world and want to immerse themselves through a holistic lens.
This workshop is designed for (aspiring) birth workers, doula s, (future) parents, prenatal yoga teachers. It does not require work experience in the birth field or former midwifery or doula certifications.
- History and politics of midwifery + universal challenges : “ If we want to change the world, we have to change the way we are being born”
- Traditional and professional midwifery - the biomedical model and the holistic model alternative: how can we use this as a tool in our guidance during pregnancy, birth and postpartum?
-Sacred birth and spiritual midwifery
- Prenatal holistic guidance: understanding fetal palpation +fetal positioning: theory - practice with spinning babies techniques + use of the rebozo
- How to perform a prenatal consultation + assistance during birth + postpartum care : practical tools to offer guidance through verbal support, massage techniques, comfort measures, etc.
- Understanding the physiology of birth and the holistic stages of birth
- The use of the sauna/Temazcal (postpartum massage) + abdominal wrapping (faja) and moxa therapy
- Herbalism during pregnancy, birth, postpartum: recipes + practical workshop
- Workshop from one of the traditional midwives of the village: share their experience, history of their "don" / gift to be a midwife + abdominal Mayan Massage
Your investment: 850 dollars or 6500 quetzales
- Includes: all lectures and teachings, literature, workbook, tea/coffee/snack, personal guidance and follow-up after the workshop.
- Does not include: transportation, accommodation, food
Registration: email email@example.com / confirmation of reservation through deposit / full amount paid by the end of October 2019.
Location: Eco Hotel La Paz, San Marcos La Laguna
Dates: November 18th- November 29th, 2019
From 9 AM – 12.30 PM / 4 PM – 6 PM
No classes on Saturday and Sunday.